What information do we collect?
James D Bilsland Ltd will be the party collecting your information directly from you and will not routinely share any personal information with other parties. The following is information that we may collect;
• Contact information including telephone number, e-mail address and postal address
• Other relevant personal information
• Delivery information
What do we use your information for?
We require the information to enable us to provide you with and improve the service from James D Bilsland Ltd. We use the information to;
• Provide Quotes
• Process Orders
• Deliver products and /or services
• Process payments, wages, refunds
• Communicate with you regarding orders, products and promotional offers
• Contact you by e-mail, SMS, phone or mail to account administration purposes
• Reviewing job applications with the possibility of future employment
• Emergency contact purposes
• Enrol you on our Cold Weather Priority (CWP) scheme and record this on our system
It may be necessary for third parties to process your personal information that we hold, but only for the reasons given below;
• Third party delivery to provide services to you in an area out-with our coverage
• In the case of our CWP customers, if consent is granted, we may share your information with your local fire brigade to enable them to arrange and carry out a risk assessment of your premises
• To pursue our legitimate business interests, where such interests do not conflict with or impinge on your overriding right to privacy. Our legitimate business interests include, but are not limited to, the processing of your personal information in order to create and issue invoices, reminders, credit notes and refunds for products and/or services provided to you, and where applicable, in order to commence collection and/or litigation via a 3rd party to purse overdue monies
There are some circumstances whereby the law allows disclosure of your personal information, some of which may be sensitive, without consent;
• Engaging with legal advisors and conducting legal proceedings or defending legal rights
• Conducting legal duties
• Protecting fundamental interests of a person
• The information has already been put in the public domain by the individual
• Equal opportunities monitoring
James D Bilsland Ltd to all intents and purposes will ensure that all personal information is treated in accordance with the law and will comply with the Data Protection principles as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who is the Data Controller
James D Bilsland Ltd is the Data Controller and in accordance with GDPR determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
The principles under the GDPR are that data;
• Shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
• Shall be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
• Shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
• Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
• Shall be retained only for as long as necessary
• Shall be processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security.
• Appropriate technical and organisational security measures shall be undertaken
• Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless adequate protections are in place
Special Personal Data
Under GDPR, the term used is Special Categories of Personal DATA and include;
• Racial or Ethnic Origin
• Political Opinions
• Religious or Philosophical beliefs
• Trade Union Membership
• Physical or Mental Health or Condition
• Sex Life or Sexual Orientation
• Genetic Data
• Biometric Data
Data Retention Period
James D Bilsland Ltd will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary for which it is being processed for. The information held will be stored securely and only accessed by authorised staff and will be securely deleted when it is no longer needed for these purposes. James D Bilsland Ltd will update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date. Personal data will be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss or destruction or damage.
Everyone has the right to make a written request and have access to the information that James D Bilsland Ltd holds on their personal information. The information requested will be given to the individual within one month and can include opinions, voice recordings and manual records.
If an individual believes the personal information that is held is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, please write, e-mail or call us as soon as possible and we will correct the data as requested.
Individuals may request that personal information held is deleted, which will be carried out securely by James D Bilsland Ltd, in turn closing their account.
Should this policy require to be update we will update this page accordingly and in line with any amendments made to the General Data Protection Regulation.
This policy is effective as of the 25th May 2018